Institute of Nuclear Materials Management
The Vienna chapter of the INMM was established in 1979 to further the objectives of INMM by providing a less formal format for the discussion of nuclear material management issues relevant to the area and to the organizations based in Vienna. All INMM members located in or near Vienna are encouraged to register with the local chapter and get involved in chapter activities.
- Luncheon meetings with guest speakers
- Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP) - Elena K. Sokova, Executive Director, VCDNP
- CTBTO in the framework of nuclear non-proliferation - Ambassador Tibor Tóth
- Integrating domestic and international safeguards in emerging nuclear power states - Cary Crawford
- Technical programs
Safeguards competition for submitting a paper to the 2012 INMM Annual Meeting
- A guided English language tour of the Zwettendorf Nuclear Power Station was organized for INMM members in July 2016
- The Vienna Chapter coordinated an issue of the JNMM focused on IAEA safeguards
- IAEA staff attended the INMM Annual Meeting in July 2016 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. An IAEA news article summarized the papers delivered
- Social events
A chapter meeting, including a social hour and showing of the documentary film 'A Very British Bomb', was held in the F10-01 room in June 2016.